Radiographer/Sonographer Job advert
Ruaraka Uhai Neema Hospital in Nairobi is looking for a Radiographer/Sonographer.
- The purpose of this position is to undertake initial patient evaluation and testing, provide diagnostic and evidentiary data for physicians by capturing images of organs, bone, and tissue for patient diagnosis.
- Perform diagnostic imaging examinations like x rays, ultrasound, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging.
- Produce x-ray films (radiographs) of parts of the human body for use in diagnosing medical problems.
- Perform more complex imaging procedures when performing fluoroscopes, e.g. radiologic technologists prepare a solution for the patient to drink, allowing the radiologist to see soft tissues in the body.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection devices are used and observed to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patients’ records.
Qualifications for the Radiographer Job
o Have a diploma in medical imaging from KMTC.
o A higher diploma in sonography is an added advantage
o Have an experience of not less than two years in a busy center in ultra sound
o Be registered by the radiation protection Board
o Have a current valid private practice license
o Highly experienced in radiographing covering a wide range of clinical examinations and applications.
o High level of confidentiality, discretion and trustworthiness
o A degree of physical dexterity, co-ordination and sensory skills required for positioning of or handling patients
How to Apply
Closing date for application is 19th January 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted